Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Jennie Ruth Jones, 1906-2001

I have loved this picture ever since I first saw it in the mid 1970s.  For years I did not know who she was, but she has now been identified. 

Ruth Jones or Jennie Ruth Jones, the daughter of David Jenkins Jones and his wife, Jennie S. Hannum, was born 2 December 1906 in North Dakota.    She seems to have married twice, first to Ray Quisenberry (in 1928) and second to Howard Wilson (in 1952).  She died in Cook Co., Illinois June 2001.

Her father, David, was the brother of John R. Jones who owned the house in Hankinson, N.D. where this and many other old photos were found.  Dan R. Jones (that I posted photos of earlier) was another brother of David & John R. Jones and so was Ruth's uncle.

2 comments:

  1. Jennie Ruth Jones is my mother. I don't remember seeing this photo of her before. Thank you for posting this. (I do have other photos of her as a child.)
    I am very interested in all of the family of Evan William Jones and Harriet Roberts.
    Ray Quisenberry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ray. Email me directly sbeach22 at gmail if you want to share data. I am not currently actively researching this line, but am happy to share what I have gathered.

    ReplyDelete