Friday, April 14, 2017

Licher and Smith Family Photos, Part 1

Yesterday, my mom and I drove to Anderson, Indiana to visit my mom's cousin.  This cousin is the daughter of Josephine (Licher) Smith, who was the sister of my grandmother, Georgia (Licher) Perry. 

Georgia and Josephine were daughters of Albert and Anna (Fricke) Licher.

We had an interesting visit talking family and looking at old photos.  As they identified people in the pictures, I furiously wrote names on the backs of the photos.  There was a mixture of her family, her husband's family, and others.  Few of them were labeled.  Many of the pictures were of people that neither of them recognized.

I borrowed a stack of the pictures that seemed to be related to my branch of the family.  I have begun to scan them.  I will post them here in a series of blogs, just as I did with the Hankinson Attic Photos.

I am still scanning, so am not ready to post many yet, but here is one for starters.


This wedding photo was taken in Anderson, Indiana.  There are no names or other identifiers.  If anyone recognizes this couple, I'd love to hear from you.

More to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment