Saturday, April 22, 2017

Letter from Albert Licher to his daughter, Josephine (Licher) Smith, Aug. 14, 1933

The following letter from Albert Licher to his daughter, Josephine (Licher) Smith, is currently in possession of Josephine's daughter, Bettie.  Bettie provided me with this copy.


Here is my transcription:



Muncie Ind.
Aug. 14, 1933

Hello Josephine and all the family.
We wish you all the good luck in the world and hope all will be well in the end.
The children are here and feel right at home and we are all glad to have them with us.  I will say that we have plenty for all twenty and hope that God will let them all grow up and be good men and women.
Well Josephine, I am working and I do not want you to bother about my dues (?).  I will send them to Mr. Costello so do not pay them next Sunday.  We are all well and the children are fine and they can call 1413 their home.
I think Wednesday will be the starting of eight hours for me and I do not know how things will turn out.
Best wishes from one and all I remain as ever Kirby Ave. Grandpa
God bless you Everyone
 ************

From this letter, it seems to me that perhaps some of Josephine's children were staying with their grandparents, Albert and Anna Licher.  Josephine's youngest child was born 26 August 1933, so perhaps the older children went to stay with the grandparents for awhile at the end of Josephine's pregnancy.  Josephine and Elmer had 10 children at the time this letter was written.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment