Monday, June 20, 2016

Hankinson Attic Photos - A Few More

It has been hectic here the past couple of weeks since we returned home from vacation.  Repairmen, gardens, yard work, construction, grand kids, etc.  have kept me from blogging or doing much research.  I have done some random searches through the new Indiana records on Ancestry and found a lot to sort through, but I have not had time to review or process what I found.

I have a short break between things right now, so I thought I'd put up another batch of photos from the Hankinson attic of John R. and Mary E. (Stilwell) Jones.  I hope I'll have a chance to write a new post soon, but this will do for now.  As usual, I will note any identifying information.  Here goes:


 There is no identifying information on this group photo.  However, I am pretty sure the man who is second from the left in the back row is one of the Jones brothers.  I don't recognize anyone else.


 Another group photo with no identifying information.  The man in the middle with his hand on his chin looks to me to be one of the Jones brothers.


This photo was taken in Wahpeton, North Dakota.  Hanna may be Hannah Stilwell Bent, sister of Mary Elva Stilwell Jones.   That is not certain, however.

 This photo was taken at Hargrave Portraits, 68 W 23rd, New York.  No other identifying information.  He looks like a Stilwell to me & the Stilwells were in New York state before moving to Wisconsin.  Perhaps this is one of Lonson Stilwell's brothers: Warren, William, or Hiram?


 The woman in this snapshot photo is identified as Helen Tubbs.  The head-less man is not identified.  No further info.   There was a Helen Tubbs born May 1897, daughter of William & Minnie Tubbs, living in Hankinson, ND.  I suspect this is her.


The young man above is Edward Hinger and the photo was taken in Hankinson, ND.  No further information.  A quick search did not turn up an Edward Hinger inn Hankinson.

 There is no information on this snapshot of the baby.

There is no information on this portrait of this young man, however, this is clearly the same photo as the one below:

This one was taken at Lidgerwood, North Dakota.

The above portrait of the two children was also taken at Lidgerwood, North Dakota, but there is no further information.

The only identifying information about this wedding party is that the photo was taken in Sisseton, South Dakota.  This is one that I'd love to identify. 


The photographer was Sparhawk in West Randolph, Vermont.  No further information.





7 comments:

  1. My great grandfather was named Edward Hinger. He lived in NY. However, could the above photo be him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I have no idea. I've posted all the information available to me. Was your great grandfather ever in North Dakota as a young man? If I were you, I'd start there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,

    I just saw your reply. I'm so sorry I missed it! I have no idea if he was in ND but it's worth a shot.

    Thank you,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue. I tried to reply. Don't know if it went through. I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner. I just saw your reply today. I will have to research if my Edward Hinger was ever in ND. Thank you so much for getting back to me. I appreciate it! Are you related to this Edward?

    Regards,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not related. Just one of the many pictures that I inherited. Feel free to contact me via my email sdbeach22 at gee mail dot com

      Delete
  5. I cannot give a lot of info but we have a Marvin Jones Married My aunt Leola Baumann of Lidgerwood,, Many weddings we performed is Sisseton I think it was but now my aunt was born in 1920's. The Baumanns moved into the Liderwood area in the 1900's prior to that it was a tree claim they called it 11 mile south of there

    ReplyDelete