Saturday, February 6, 2016

Rediscoveries



I've shared the above picture before.  But that was the "old" system.

For Christmas, my husband bought me the makings of a "new" system:


While it doesn't seem like much, it has made a real change in how I handle all the papers I haven't processed yet.  And it has encouraged me to start working through some things I've had for a long time.

I've been 'finding' things that I had forgotten I had.  And it has sent me to all sorts of new places with my research.

I'll be sharing some of these not-new new things, I'm sure.

Here is a start.  We found this typed sheet among the family research papers compiled by my husband's grandmother, Vera (Healey) Braden, but we are fairly confident that she retyped information obtained from her husband's aunt, Mary Jane Braden (daughter of William M. and Laura Braden).   Mary Jane died in 1932.  This document is interesting in that it includes information we have not been able to find anywhere else (like William's middle name "Mordnant") and the information we HAVE been able to confirm has been correct.




And also with that is the following handwritten note that was written by Vera: 





Having fun sifting through these rediscovered treasures.

And then there is this box:


No comments:

Post a Comment