Monday, February 8, 2016

Hankinson Photos: Cousins from Wales

One of the pictures that came from the John R. Jones house in Hankinson, North Dakota is identified as "Cousins of John R. Jones from Wales."

When I was actively researching this family, I never got as far as researching the family in Wales, so I don't know how these people relate, exactly.

"Xmas Greetings from Mary, Blodwen & Letty   '08"

On the back is written (unknown handwriting) the greeting above plus:

1.  Nelson            Roberts
2.  Blodwen
3.  Letty
4.  Mary
5.  Kathryne

In my handwriting (apparently written when someone identified these people for me), it says:

1.  Nelson Roberts
2.  Blodwen Jones
3.  Letty Jones
4.  Mary
5.  Kathryne Roberts


So, I am not sure if all these people have the surname ROBERTS or if some of them have the surname JONES.

None of them are in my database.

John R. Jones' parents were Evan William Jones and Harriet Roberts, both from Wales.  So these could be the children of a sibling of Evan Jones or of Harriet Roberts. 

All of the siblings I have for Evan William Jones are women:  Ann, Catherine, Margaret, Maria, Eleanor, Elizabeth and Jane.  I have no spouses or children or dates for any of them.

The only siblings I have for Harriet Roberts are:  Ann D. born 1847 and Jane D. born 1849.  I have no spouses or children for them. 

So I don't know how these mysterious cousins fit with the family, but maybe another researcher will be able to solve the mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment