Monday, February 29, 2016

Almost Famous

I've been working through my unprocessed materials that have piled up for many years.  I've posted a picture before:


Today I came across an article, "Eaches of Loudoun County, Virginia," by Thomas Katheder, Esq. of Lake Buena Vista, Florida, published in The Virginia Genealogist Vol. 42 No. 4, April 1998.  My interest in the Eaches is just peripheral; Joseph Eaches was a business partner of Robert Braden, doing business with him and John Morgan as Braden Morgan & Company from about 1816 to about 1821.

I was reading through the article looking for tidbits to add to my information on Robert Braden and his business dealings, when I came upon this in the footnotes:  "The author is grateful to Sue Beach, Muncie, Ind., who has compiled an extensive Braden genealogy and who has posted much of it on the Internet at http://www.rootsweb.com/~valoudou/index.html."  

That sentence really made my day.

It is good to know that my research is useful to others and is being used to further their research.   And I really appreciate the fact that Mr. Katheder cited his sources.  

No comments:

Post a Comment