Thursday, November 19, 2015

Grandparents and Great Grandparents

As I think of possible blog posts, I have been considering whether or not to write about grandparents and their generation.  I think at this time I will not.

I try to avoid writing about living individuals and though none of the grandparents are still living, many of their children are.  I think as long as someone has known children living, I will avoid doing a blog about them.

I am happy, however, to provide data directly to other researchers, if contacted.

I will instead start with great grandparents.  If someone has no living children, I will consider a blog on them.

That said, I thought I'd list the grandparents & great grandparents about which I have research.  If I have done a blog on them, it is linked below.  As you can see, I have lots of potential material for future posts!

My Grandparents:

Boyd P. Duncan and Thelma Bell Harnish (aka Mildred Taylor)
James M. Perry and Georgia A. Licher
Pearl M. Cross and Gertrude Stauble (foster grandparents)

My Great-Grandparents:

Joseph Holt Duncan and Lucy Bell Owens
George W. Harnish and Maud Maynard
James M. Perry and Alice Myrtle Rodgers
Albert Licher and Anna Fricke
Calvin Cross and Louisa Becktell (foster)
Franz J. Stauble and Nancy Replogle (foster)

My Great-Great-Grandparents:

John William Duncan and Apaleen Kerchival
Jeremiah Owens III and Frances Cox
Joseph A Harness and Huldah Harness
John A Maynard and Rosa Bell Nealis
William Perry and Sarah Paine Crooke
John William Rodgers and Emily Francis Allison
Johan Mathias Licher and  Josephine Moellmann
John Joseph Fricke and Maria Anna Agnes Luhn
Joseph Cross and Martha Norman (foster)
John Bectell and Annis Mills (foster)
Alois Stauble and Agatha Obreist (foster)
David Replogle and Nancy Hoover (foster)

My husband's Grandparents:

Joseph W. Rheuble and Gladys Mervin
William Braden and Vera Healey
Earnest Alonzo Beach and Treva Nearon (step-grandparents)

My husband's Great-Grandparents:

Joseph M. Rheuble and Louisa Sherman
John Henry Mervin and Rosie Ann Decker
Alba E. Braden and Emily A. Crane
George H. Healey and Stella Hough
George Franklin Beach and Katherine Clockner (step)
William Oliver Nearon and Mary Jane Wysong (step)

My husband's Great-Great-Grandparents:

Philip Sherman and Rebecca Hulver
George H. Mervin and Rebecca Swope
William M. Braden and Laura V. Watt
William Crane and Nancy Beck
Joshua Healey and Julia Howland
Milton T. Hough and Martha Jane Alcorn

In addition to these direct lines, I have lots of information on other lines that caught my interest or are collateral.  So I have plenty to keep me busy.  








No comments:

Post a Comment