Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Hankinson Attic Photos: Photographs from Ripon, Wisconsin

My last few posts have been pretty detailed and text-heavy.  I've got several other biographies of Bradens and other Loudoun people I want to do soon, but tonight I think perhaps it is time for some pictures, even if I don't know who the people are.

I thought I'd try focusing on photos that are identified as being taken in Ripon, Wisconsin.  I know that Mary Elva Stilwell (who married John R. Jones) studied from 1879-1880 at the English Academy of Ripon College.  And from about 1877-1882, John R. Jones was also studying at Ripon College.  Mary Elva and John R. were married in Ripon, Wisconsin on 28 December 1892. 

So I suspect that the people in these photos are friends from Mary Elva and John R.'s college days.  I will put any identifying information in the captions, if any exists.

1889 Ripon, Wisconsin

1891; Photographer Lockwood, Ripon, Wisc.
David E Evans, Junior, Ripon College, Nov. 26, 1875

1884

Lockwoods, Ripon, Wisc.

Lockwoods, Ripon, Wisc. 1882

Lockwoods, Ripon, Wisc. 1882

Lockwoods, Ripon, Wisc. 1882

Lockwoods Temple, Ripon, Wisc.
Ground Floor Gallery, Ripon, Wisc.

Ground Floor Gallery, Ripon, Wisc.
Annette Stilwell, 1882 (photographer Lockwood, Ripon, Wisc.)  Annette was Mary Elva Stilwell's sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment