Wednesday, May 4, 2016

My In-Box Over-Floweth.....

One of the things I love the most about doing genealogical research is making friends and connecting with other researchers.  Whether the common interest is a family, a surname, a locality, or an individual, I've found that most dedicated researchers love to share what they discover.

I have certainly been lucky to have many, many fine researchers as friends.  I love the fact that I reach out with a question and they respond.

And since I've been doing this blog, I've been contacted by many researchers who have come across one of my posts and contacted me with comments, clues, and information.

My email in-box is a perfect example of this right now.  I have 43 emails from nine different researchers full of information I need to review and process.  These emails include clues and information on my mysterious Sarah Wright Braden's potential ancestors; letters to a nephew of Isaac and Fanny Hough; deed and tax information on Jozabed White;  information on Murtho Sullivan's property dealings in Waterford, Virginia; several emails discussing the Braden/Breden/McKemie/Bartleson/Abington Church etc. tangle in early Pennsylvania; copies of some correspondence between Robert Braden and George Carter; an 1816 deed from Abiel Jenners to a Henry Orem; and much more.

The amount of information now available electronically and the generosity of other researchers is wonderful and also overwhelming.  I've got a lot of catching up to do.

So thank you to all of you who have been so helpful to me over the years and those of you who continue to help now.  My research would be poorer and much less fulfilling, this blog would be much less interesting, if I did not have your excellent help and support.

I cannot say thank you enough.  - Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment