Thursday, November 9, 2017

Postcard: Genevieve (Last Name Unknown) to John S. Jones, Sept. 14, 1914

Here is another postcard to John S. Jones while he was at college in Ripon, Wisconsin.  It is from Genevieve, but she doesn't give her last name.



The card is addressed to John S. Jones, Ripon, Wis.  Box 800.  There is a return address of 1002 Ave. C.  From the front of the card, I wonder if this is in Bismarck, North Dakota.

The message is:  "Dear John: - Saw by the paper you were in Ripon again.  Suppose you'll soon be hard at work.  It feels like winter was not far off out here to-day.  I am nearly frozen up.  Have been looking for a letter, but know you must have been busy getting ready for school.  I feel simply terribly lonesome to-day.  How are you   write me soon  Genevieve"

A quick search shows me a Genevieve Hoffmann born 1895 and living in Hankinson, North Dakota in 1910.  She would have been the same age as John S. and from the same town, so she is a possibility.

Perhaps other information will surface to help me identify Genevieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment