Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I've been doing this a very long time......

Sometimes things happen that remind me of how many years I've been doing genealogy research.    While I don't feel old, I'm always surprised when I realize that I've been researching family for more than 40 years. 

I think I mentioned that I've been reviewing old files lately.  As part of that effort, I have come across correspondence and query letters and emails from people I have not heard from in many years.  I've been trying to touch base again with those researchers and family members, but discovering that I'm mostly too late.  I should have stayed in touch over the years, because now they are gone or can't be found.

The latest letter to come back "Not At This Address" is to a niece of Elenor McCarthy Duncan.  I am not including her name because she may still be living, though she would be in her 90s, I think. 

So I guess my point is, Stay In Touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment