Saturday, September 1, 2018

Carrie Ford, Second Wife of Louis I. Perry

Carrie Ford is another of the mystery women in my research.

I know almost nothing about her.

She married Louis Irving Perry (born 1873 in Ohio; died 1951 Chicago, Illinois) sometime after his first wife died (she died in 1936).   I found Louis on the 1940 census in Chicago as a widower, so they probably married after 1940.

She was probably a widow at the time she married Louis.  I don't know if Ford is her married name (probably?) or her maiden name. 

The family info I have says Carrie was from Vermont, but I don't know if she was born there, living there when Louis met her, or what that means exactly.

After Carrie and Louis married they lived in Vermont for several years.  I found a news item from September 1950 that says Louis is from Thetford Center, Vermont.

Louis and Carrie moved back to the Chicago area sometime before his death in April 1951.

Louis's obit reads:   "Perry - Louis I. Perry, beloved husband of Carrie Ford Perry, dear father of Leita Jones, Erdine Lipham, Roger C., and Jean Loiseau, grandfather of four.  Services at chapel, 4138 Madison street, at 2 p.m. Tuesday.  Interment Glen Oak."

His death certificate states that the informant was Carrie Perry, wife.

So here are the things I don't know about Carrie:

What was her maiden name?
When and where was she born?
Who was her first husband?  When and where did they marry?
When and where did Carrie marry Louis I. Perry?
Did Carrie remarry after Louis died?
When did Carrie die?  Where is she buried?
I have no photo of her and would love to find one.




No comments:

Post a Comment