Saturday, May 11, 2019

Heirlooms

I am almost done with my photo organization project.  Five more albums to go and it will be done - at least for now.  I still have computer files to clean up and my parents' albums to scan and organize, but the biggest portion - my personal photos - will be done. 

Once the albums are finished, my next project is to photograph and catalog the many family heirlooms we have.  I want to get them organized so that our children and grandchildren will know which items are family pieces and which are things my husband and I have collected over the years.

We have furniture from both sides.  We have many old family letters.  Some jewelry.  Some dinnerware and silver ware.  Old bibles.  Framed certificates.  Miscellaneous nick-knacks.  Books.  Tools.  Lots of Stuff.

Not quite sure how I'll handle the project, but I will let you know how it goes.

I suspect photographing it all will be challenging.

I just feel it needs to be done while I can still remember what everything is and where it came from!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment