Thursday, July 30, 2015

Some Mystery Photos from New England

It has been a busy week and I've had no time for genealogy.  Fellow researcher, Ray Quisenberry, sent me these pictures to post on the blog.  If anyone recognizes these people, please contact me so I can alert Ray.

These photos are all from a photo album belonging to Ray's grandmother, Jennie S. Hannum. 

Ray thinks they are all from Massachusetts.

On back of photo: "17 yrs. Feb 12th, 1886".  No name. Album caption: "School friend, Hadley, Mass."

Photographer's studio: Springfield (Mass.)

Ray says, "A tintype, which leads me to believe that this photo dates back to my grandmother’s time in Massachusetts.Photo is adjacent in her album to a tintype of Willie Hannum (b. 1859), son of Lyman and Martha Hannum."

Photographer’s studio: Moffit & Davis, Springfield, Mass.This might be the same man as in tintype above (on the left).

No comments:

Post a Comment